Hours of employment: 0730-1700 Monday to Thursday, 0730-1600 Friday
Job Purpose: To accurately detail timber frame timber joists in an agreed timeline, in accordance with agreed business plan.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Accurately and efficiently detail timber joists
- Quantify and produce a material schedule for timber joist elements
- Designing to current CDM regulations
- Liaising clearly and promptly with;
- Project architects – to establish the design
- Project engineers – to establish the design
- Project clients – to establish the design
- internal office – to report on project statuses
- Contracts team – to propose the design, and resolve issues
- Frame detailers – to establish the design
- Steel and glulam fabricators – to establish the design
- On site agents – to propose the design, discuss buildability and resolve issues
- Planning all projects to be in accordance with programmed deliverables
- Attendance of Design Team Meetings on projects
- Resolve onsite issues and problems in accordance with company procedures
- Follow QC procedures
- Develop and contribute to design procedures
- Keep up to date with latest design software
- Train and develop design skills within design department
- Develop in-house technical knowledge
Scope: To undertake approximately 60 projects per annum. Typical project value of £150-400k. Customer base of circa 30 organisations.
Degree of supervision: Works within the broad directives of the Pre-Commencement Manager. Reports weekly on project progress in terms of timescales, milestones, sign off status and RFIs.
Working conditions: Pace of work is often demanding, working within strict time pressures; involves overall responsibility for a large number of contracts simultaneously.
Organisational requirements: Must be flexible and able to work on own initiative. Must be able to work as part of a team and to interact effectively with external contracts.