The Assistant Production Manager role is based in Ashford, Kent. For this role we can consider you if you’re flexible in terms of hours, due to the nature of the role. You would be working for an amazing growing production company. They are very ambitious, operating in a fast-moving environment.
The main requirements include overseeing the Production Line supervisors and Line Leaders. Dealing with any matters related to productivity, training, personnel matters, quality issues, health and safety in conjunction with your senior managers. This company wants you if you are able to lead by example, you have good interpersonal skills, and you encourage the team ethos. Flexibility is key for this role as sometimes there will be weekend or bank holidays work.
For this Assistant Production Manager role previous production/ planning experience would be excellent, but having the desire to learn is more important. It would be ideal, but not mandatory, to have Health & Safety, First Aid or COSHH certifications. You would tackle the overall management, training and motivation of Line Leaders, Label Printers and Production Operatives. And taking on projects related to Health and Safety, hygiene and training. You would be covering evening shift managers for holiday/ sick, including Saturday evenings.
– Planning and managing the distribution of orders
– Ensuring that the Packhouse building and equipment is kept clean & maintained
– Ensuring all customer orders are produced on time, to the required quantity
– Communicating any quality issues or changes in product specification
– Collating and reviewing all production records and paperwork on a daily basis
– The salary is up to £11.70 per hour
– The company is close to the town centre in Ashford
– You have clear opportunities for future development
Want to know more about this role? Contact Marton Recruitment now 01233 665 775, and ask for Sam Burchell.
What happens next?
Apply now with an up to date CV. After we receive your application we aim to get back to you within 72 hours. Sometimes this may take longer.
Why use Marton Recruitment?
Ethical. Dedication. Relationships. Knowledge. Service.
97% of our candidates are happy with our knowledge & information provided.
87% of our candidates come to us through direct referrals or our own headhunting.
Marton Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Follow us on LinkedIn.